Collection of personal information
2. Depending on your relationship with us, the personal information we collect from you may include:
1. your name, date of birth, address and contact details;
2. your occupation;
3. payment details; or
4. other information which assists us to provide our services to you.
3. Generally, we will collect personal information from you directly. This may be through the website, any contact you have with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products. Sometimes we may collect information about you from a third party and we may collect information indirectly (e.g. from a business card or through our website)
5. You can prevent the collection of personal information in this manner by disabling your web browser from accepting cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing our website, however it may prevent you from utilising some of the website’s features.
Use and disclosure of personal Information
6. We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was originally collected (the primary purpose). If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than the primary purpose (the secondary purpose), then to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
1. the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information for the secondary purpose. For example, we may provide personal information to a supplier of our products where you have requested such a product to be supplied, or to our technology providers for reasons of customer service, database maintenance and other similar purposes; or
2. you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
3. the use or disclosure is a necessary part of an investigation into, or reporting of, suspected unlawful activity; or
4. the use or disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by or under law.
Protecting your personal information
7. We acknowledge that security of personal information is of paramount concern to you. Accordingly, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised activity or other misuse. You acknowledge and agree, however, that the internet is inherently insecure. For that reason, we can neither guarantee nor be responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the internet, nor are we liable to you in any way in respect of the same.
Access to and correction of personal information
8. Subject to certain grounds set out in the Act, you have the ability to request access to your personal information. If you make such a request, we may require you to provide some form of identification (such as driver licence or passport) so we can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates.
9. You may also contact us if you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. In such case, we will correct, update, erase or amend the information as appropriate.
10. In either case, we will aim to respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We may also charge an administrative fee to cover the cost of accessing and/or correcting your personal information (as applicable).
11. If you have any concerns about the above policy or wish to exercise your rights of access and/or request that any personal information be corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or P O Box 229, Christchurch 8140.